So in another attempt to keep busy and not shop I enrolled in a sewing class. Now I must note that I do know how to sew and have been sewing since I was a little girl but I really wanted to get some kind of formal training. Well its been about three weeks now and I am learning a lot more than I thought I would. Who knows, maybe I will be on Project Runway some day. Hehe. In any event I think it is a great skill to learn. I look forward to trying my hand at some patterns as well as making alterations to things I already own in order to make them new. Maybe I am truly on my way to curing my shopping addiction.
In celebration of the first week of spring I decided to shop my closet for color. I was a bit surprised by all the options I actually owned. Here are some peeks of what I was able to put together.
(1) Red Jeans. Side Note: I bought these J Brand Red Jeans at the Barneys New York Outlet in Woodburry Commons for a whopping 22 bucks. Can you say deal of the century. I think that is about a 90% savings.
(2) Leopard goes with anything. I am pretty sure I paid 4 bucks for that scarf in Chinatown.
(3) Polka Dots and Turquoise. These shoes were purchased from Daffy's a few seasons ago and I still love them.
So I am several weeks into the shopping fast and I am happy to report I am still going strong. I am bit worried about what is going to happen after lent. I am hoping I have enough will power left to control the urge to empty out every last penny from my bank account. Here is what I am lusting after this week.
(1) Two Tone Watch
(2) Nude Peep Toes
(3) Black Boots
(4) Orange Dress
(5) Chanel Bag
For the first time in my life I am going out on St. Paddy's Day. I do not know if it has to do with the 60 degree plus weather or the extra time I have due to the fact that I am not spending my time shopping. In any event I did have fun shopping my closet for a St. Paddy's Day appropriate outfit featuring some green and gold.
I am about two weeks into the shopping fast and still going strong. There have been a few bumps in the road this week such as the David Yurman Sample Sale that is currently going on and was brought to my attention by one of my favorite bloggers, The Budget Fashionista. Despite the temptations my sights are set on saving up for a Chanel bag therefore I am confident that I can hold off on making any purchases anytime soon. Since I am not buying anything new I have been keeping a wish list of things I would love to buy. I keep the list on my phone and add things as I go along . I have noticed that every time I take a look at the list I manage to wonder why half of the stuff is on there to begin with. Maybe a lesson should be learned that sometimes what you think you "need" or even "want" isn't always necessarily the case a few days after the fact. Having edited my wish list about 20 times in the past two weeks here are the top five things I am lusting after.
1. Red Blazer (I am actually thinking about dying an old white discolored blazer red but more on that later).
2. Nude Sandals (Love the pop of Orange)
3. Burberry Trench (This has been on my list for several years now)
4. Black Rain Boots
5. Leopard Flats (The ones I currently have really need to be replaced)